The School for Undergraduate Programmes is responsible for the management of the undergraduate qualifications offered by the Faculty of Law. At this teaching-learning centre we are committed to academic excellence, have an innovative approach to the teaching of law and aim to offer high-quality instruction in law subjects at undergraduate level. However, we do not merely want to communicate knowledge on law, but strive to equip students with the necessary skills and values required to face the challenges involved in accessing the legal profession. Our object is to deliver graduates with a passion for law and justice, with social awareness, a critical orientation and integrity. That is why everything possible is done to empower and mould our students so that, as jurists, they can make a contribution to the development of society and the legal system.
The school, which is spread across three campuses, offers the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Arts with Law subjects (minimum period 3 years): Potchefstroom and Vaal Triangle Campuses
- A Bachelor of Commerce with Law subjects (3 years): Mafikeng, Potchefstroom and Vaal Triangle Campuses
- A Bachelor of Laws as first grade, the minimum duration of which is 4 years. The LLB is also offered as a second degree for students already in possession of a BA in Law or a BCom in Law: Mafikeng and Potchefstroom Campuses
Our graduates are equipped to enter any of the careers below:
• A career in legal education
• The legal profession (lawyers and advocates)
• Legal advisers
• Civil Service: lawyers, advocates, state prosecutors, magistrates, judges (with the necessary experience).