Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Faculty of Law, North-West University
The North West University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for a postdoctoral fellowship in the Faculty of Law. Applicants interested in pursuing a legal academic career in higher education are strongly encouraged to apply. The fellowship will enable an outstanding doctoral graduate to obtain experience of research, innovation, and community service at a higher education institution under the mentorship of established researchers.
The fellowship is awarded on a competitive basis, taking into account the applicants' academic achievements, research outputs and potentials, as well as the relevance of his/her prior experience and expertise. The fellowship is available for a period of one year, renewable for up to three years. Renewal is subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and responsibilities:
Conduct innovative research in a chosen legal area.
Author/co-author at least three (3) publication outputs per year in the form of DHET– accredited scholarly journal articles or books/chapters in books.
Reside as a postdoctoral research fellow at the NWU and participate in relevant activities of the Faculty.
Open to all South African and foreign nationals for full-time research at the North West University.
Graduated with a PhD/LLD degree in a law within the last five years.
Successful applicants may not hold full-time salaried employment during the fellowship.
Successful applicants must be able to relocate to the NWU for the duration of the fellowship. This is a residential fellowship: the successful applicant is required to spend 80% of her/his postdoctoral period at one of the campuses.
Value of the fellowship:
R 192 000 annual fellowship.
R 20 000 additional research expenses fund.
To apply, please send the following documentation by 30 September 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Motivation letter detailing postdoctoral research agenda including a 1-2 page outline of relevant expertise and experience.
- Full CV including a list of research publications, conference papers and other scholarly outputs.
- Full transcripts of academic record and copy of doctoral degree certificate.
- A copy of at least two manuscripts produced that have the potential to be converted or submitted for publication in accredited journals.
- Copy of ID document (or copy of passport in the case of foreign applicants).
- Contact details of two academic referees who have taught/supervised the candidate.